Prices for 2019 - 2020
Students approved for reduced price meals will receive FREE breakfast.
Meals may be purchased daily or in advance. Prepayments by cash or check are acceptable in any amount. Weekly, monthly, semester and yearly prepayments are accepted. Each cafeteria uses a Point of Sale computer system. This allows the cafeteria to track payments, purchases and balances for each student. If you would like for your child to purchase meals only from their account, contact your child's cafeteria manager.
Pay online at K12PaymentCenter
Online Payments may be made at K12PaymentCenter. Prepaid meal accounts help lines go faster and give students more time to eat. It also gives you the peace of mind of not having to worry about looking for lunch money every day or worry that it might get lost, stolen or used for other things.
Even if you prefer to send a check for meals, you can still sign up at K12PaymentCenter to receive low balance alerts that will be emailed to you.
Deposit money with ease using your debit or credit card.
- Deposit to multiple students' accounts with one single payment.
- Recurring payments can be set for monthly or weekly deposits or when balance is low.
- $1.95 convenience fee for payments up to $100.00.
- 2.99% convenience fee for payments over $100.00 with no maximum payment.
- See your student's meal account balance any time.
- Automated notifications via email and / or text when your student's meal account balance falls below an amount you determine.
- See 120 days of meals and fees purchased and payments made.
- Secure payment processing.
- Information is confidential.
In order to enroll for this service, you will need your child's ID or PowerSchool number. This number can be found on your child's report card, or contact the school front office. Please note that parents may also prepay by sending cash or a check to the school cafeteria.
When sending cash, please do the following:
- Place money in an envelope.
- Write your child's full name, PIN# (lunch number), teacher's name and the $ amount on the outside of the envelope.
When sending a check, please do the following:
- Place check in an envelope.
- Write your child's full name and PIN# (lunch number) in the lower left corner of the check.
- Write your child's full name, PIN# (lunch number), teacher's name and the amount enclosed on the outside of the envelope.
Non-Sufficient Fund Checks are handled by CHECKREDI Payment Services.
Students who forget their breakfast or lunch money may charge a meal in the elementary and middle school cafeterias. Charging meals is not permitted at the high school level. Payment must be made the following day. Charge letters will be sent home with students each week. A la carte items such as cookies, ice cream, etc. may not be charged. Excessive charges will be addressed by the School Principal.
Free and Reduced meal applications are always available in the front office should your family need assistance.
If you choose to bring money to school personally or send it with your student, please put it in an envelope clearly marked with the student's first and last name, their ID #, their teacher's name, and the amount enclosed.